Handmade gifts ~ hanging hand towels

Christmas is all about giving.

And the most treasured gifts are the ones you make yourself.

Soooo. . . how does quick and easy sound to you?

It doesn’t get much quicker and easier than these adorable hanging hand towels. . .

and the bonus is. . . you can whip up several in less than an hour!

Shabby Art Boutique hand towel 5

Requirements:

(Makes 2 hanging hand towels)

1 hand towel or thick tea towel,

2 fat quarters in matching fabrics,

Iron on medium weight interfacing,

2 large buttons,

Velcro (optional),

Sewing machine and normal sewing supplies.

Download my pattern template HERE

 

Shabby Art Boutique hand towel 3

Let’s make hand towels!

I used a different fabric on both sides of my hand towel, but you could use matching fabrics. The fabric pieces are only 17 cm x 25 cm, so a great way to use up those fabric scraps too!

See how super quick this is coming together!

The pattern makes 2 hand towels. . .  so I whipped up the other fabric component before moving onto the next step.

Then I made a cuppa and gobbled up the last of the cookies from the weekend cookie exchange.

 

Shabby Art Boutique hand towel 4

On to the last steps now.

Shabby Art Boutique hand towel 7

Flip your handle over to make a hanging tab (shown above).

We need to secure this and there are several options here. I’ve made a few of these hanging hand towels in the past, both with buttons and Velcro. . . and I have to tell you that I prefer the Velcro. One, because it is simpler than mucking around making button holes and two. . . well in all honesty, I just find it quicker to attach it to my oven.

Here’s the thing. . . I like the little button on the outside, so I make a Velcro closure on the inside and sew a pretty button on the outside.

Done!!

So quick and easy and what about all the colour and fabric possibilities!

And everyone needs one of these in their kitchen and laundry, right.

Shabby Art Boutique

I’m sharing my hanging hand towels with the link parties this week and with these friends: French Country Cottage, The Vintage Farmhouse, 36th Avenue, Clean and Scentsible, Live Laugh Rowe, The DIY Dreamer, Transformation Thursday, At The Picket Fence, Nifty Thrifty Sunday.